Dr. Donna Petter
- Associate Professor of Old Testament; Director of the Hebrew Language Program
First Year at Gordon-Conwell:
- B.A. (University of the Nations, Kona, HI)
- M.A.R., M.A. (Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary)
- M.A., Ph.D. (University of Toronto, Near and Middle Eastern Civilizations)
- “Ezekiel” in the NIV Zondervan Study Bible. D. A. Carson General Editor. 2015.
- “Ruth” in the Baker Illustrated Bible Commentary. Gary Burge and Andrew Hill, eds. Grand Rapids: Baker. 2012.
- "The Book of Ezekiel and Mesopotamian City Laments” Orbis Biblicus et Orientalis. Bd. 246 Fribourg: Academic Press, Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 2011.
- “High Places” in Dictionary of Old Testament: Historical Books. H.G.M. Williamson and B.T. Arnold, eds. Downers Grove: IVP, 2004.
- “Foregrounding of the Designation, The Wife of Uriah the Hittite in II Samuel xi-xii.” Vetus Testamentum (54) 2004: 403-406.
- Contributor, "Exegetical Insights" in Gary D. Pratico, M.V. Van Pelt, Basics of Biblical Hebrew, Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2001.
- "Female Leadership in the Old Testament," Connection, Tyndale College and Seminary, 2000.
- "Introduction and Commentary to Second Thessalonians," The Women's Study New Testament, Grand Rapids: Baker, 1995.
Old Testament Studies
- Born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA (she’s a huge Steeler’s fan).
- Found herself drawn to Christian discipleship as a result of serving in Youth With a Mission as a student in the School of Biblical Studies. The school offered a nine-month intensive where you read and study the Bible five times in those nine months (English based). The Word discipled me and created a burning desire to disciple people through reading and studying God’s Word.
- Dr. Petter brings more than 20 years of extensive classroom experience, having taught biblical studies on four continents. Her research interests include Biblical Hebrew grammar and syntax, Hebrew exegesis, and Ancient Near Eastern religions.
- Dr. Petter and her husband, Tom, also a professor at Gordon-Conwell, have a son, Marcus, and live in Hamilton, MA. Both ordained, they have served in various capacities in local churches including most recently as members of the leadership team that planted North Point Presbyterian Church (EPC) in Peabody, MA, and as Pastoral Associates at Trinitarian Congregational Church in Wayland, MA. They now serve and worship at the First Congregational Church of Boxford, MA. As they minister together, their passion has always been to disciple people through the Word of God.