Dr. Gary Parrett
- Professor of Educational Ministries and Worship
First Year at Gordon-Conwell:
- B.A. (Faith Evangelical Lutheran Seminary)
- M.Div. (Regent College)
- Ed.D. (Columbia University)
- Grounded in the Gospel: Building Believers the Old-Fashioned Way (with J.I. Packer, Baker Books, 2010)
- Teaching the Faith, Forming the Faithful: A Biblical Vision of Education in the Church (with S. Steve Kang, IVP Academic, 2009)
- Psalms, Hymns and Spiritual Songs (in collaboration with Julie Tennent, MorgenBooks, 2009)
- A Many Colored Kingdom: Multicultural Dynamics for Spiritual Formation (with Elizabeth Conde-Frazier, S. Steve Kang, Baker Academic, 2004)
Christian Schools, College Ministry, Christian Education/Educational Ministries, Worship, Cross-Cultural Ministry, Pastoral Ministry, Hymnology, Catechesis
Biblical Worship: Weaving Word, Wonder and Witness;The Gospel in Church and Culture
Gary has been part of the Gordon-Conwell community since 1998, and currently serves as Professor of Educational Ministries and Worship. Prior to coming to Gordon-Conwell, he taught in the areas of Youth Ministries and Biblical Studies at nearby Gordon College for two years.
In addition to his work as a professor, Gary has some twenty years of experience in pastoral ministry, having served churches in Boston, New York City, New Jersey, Seattle and Seoul, Korea. He is also a regular speaker at conferences, retreats and seminars. Over the past decade, especially, he has enjoyed the privilege of helping to equip pastors serving in several countries throughout Asia.
Gary has written articles on Christian education and on worship for publications such as the Christian Education Journal and Christianity Today magazine. He is the co-author of three books.
Special areas of study and teaching for Gary are: historical and biblical foundations of Christian education, catechesis, worship, and issues of faith and culture. He is also a lover of music and has written numerous hymns and choruses for congregational worship, including a recently published collection of hymns.
Gary did undergraduate studies at Multnomah School of the Bible, received a B.A. from Faith Evangelical Lutheran Seminary, an M.Div. from Regent College in Vancouver, and an Ed. D. from Columbia University. He is a member and former vice president of the North American Professors of Christian Education.
Gary and his wife, Holly, live in Wenham, MA. Their daughter, Alisa, is currently a university student. The Parretts have worshiped and served at Highrock Covenant Church in Arlington, MA since 2003.