Gordon-Conwell's Hybrid MAR program offers Sakai based courses that can be taken solely online or as a hybrid course combining online instruction and a three day residency component. Even though these courses are designed for the MAR Hybrid program, the seminary is pleased to make these same offerings available to Charlotte residential students with the following stipulations and requirements.
• Students must understand that online MAR courses are 14 weeks long. Unlike Semlink courses which are self-paced over a six month period, the Hybrid/Online courses are accelerated with assignments due each week. Given the intensive nature of these courses students should plan accordingly.
• Most of the coursework in these courses is completed in Sakai. Students must complete the Sakai module in the online student orientation course before beginning their first online course.
• Students have the option of completing these courses completely online or as a hybrid with a three-day residency. If courses are completed 100% online, they will count towards the limit for distance education courses (10 for the MDIV and 6 for all other programs). If the student participates in the three-day residency the course is considered a residential course.
• Space is limited in MAR courses as first priority is given to online MAR students.
• These courses carry a $90 technology fee over and above the standard Student Service Fee.
These courses are available for online registration. If you plan to take the course as a purely online option, simply register for the course (designated with "-O" suffix) through your CAMS Student portal. Those who wish to take the course as a Hybrid option and have it count as a residential requirement, will need to notify the Registration Office of their intent to attend the three day residency once they have formally registered for the course online. Please note that some courses may only be offered online, in which case the hybrid option may not be available. Be sure to check the relative semester schedule for details.