Gordon-Conwell's Online Masters of Arts in Religion (MAR) program offers web-enhanced courses in Sakai that combine online instruction and a three-day residency component. Even though these courses are designed for the Online MAR program, the seminary is pleased to make these same offerings available to Charlotte residential students with the following stipulations and requirements:
- Students must understand that web-enhanced Online MAR courses are 14 weeks long (similar to Semlink+). Unlike traditional Semlink courses, which are self-paced over a six-month period, the web-enhanced courses are accelerated with assignments due each week. Given the intensive nature of these courses, students should plan accordingly.
- Most of the coursework in these courses is completed in Sakai. Students must complete the Sakai module in the online student orientation course before beginning their first online course.
- Residency attendance is mandatory. Due to the three-day residency component, web-enhanced Online MAR classes do not count against a student’s distance limit.
- Space is limited in MAR courses as first priority is given to Online MAR students.
- Online MAR courses carry a $90 technology fee over and above the standard Student Service Fee.
These courses are available for online registration. Please check the course schedule to verify which courses are being offered in the format. Web-enhanced Online MAR courses are designated with a “-O” suffix in the CAMS Student Portal.
If you have any questions related to taking these classes or about Online MAR program please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855) 211-2474.