Diploma in Urban Church Ministry
If you are a pastor or church leader functioning in Christian ministry without a traditional undergraduate degree, the Diploma in Urban Church Ministry will provide a basic theological foundation and an opportunity to enroll in a master’s program. This graduate-level diploma program is designed for ministers with significant experience in a recognized ministry, potential for graduate-level studies and support from their church leader(s) to pursue basic theological education and training.
- Scholarship supported tuition
- Six-week courses (Saturdays only) offered nine months out of the year
- Cohort learning format
- Practical foundation for ministry
- Credit and non-credit course offerings
- Opportunity to matriculate into M.A. degree program
The Diploma in Urban Church Ministry requires five courses over a one-year period. Five courses comprise this pre-degree equivalent program:
- Critical Thinking and Writing for Ministry
- Old Testament Survey
- New Testament Survey
- Introduction to Theological Studies: Research and Writing
- Church & Community: Introduction to the Public Ministry of the Church
Standard tuition and fees for the Boston campus apply.
Upon completion of the Diploma in Urban Church Ministry, students will receive a Certificate of Completion and recognition for their achievement at a ceremony with their peers.
If you wish to pursue any of our master’s degrees thereafter, you must apply and be admitted to the graduate program. Gordon-Conwell awards full graduate credit for courses successfully completed in the Diploma Program, and will transfer courses into the Master of Arts in Urban Ministry Leadership or the Master of Divinity degree. Learn more about our master's degrees.
- GED/HiSET or high school diploma required (although a bachelor's degree is not required, this program is intended for the serious student).
- Five years of experience in a recognized ministry.
- Apply today!