Diploma in Urban Ministry
If you are a pastor or church leader functioning in Christian ministry without a formal undergraduate degree, the Diploma in Urban Ministry will provide a basic theological foundation and an opportunity to enroll in a master’s program. This graduate-level diploma program is designed for ministers with at least seven years of experience in a recognized ministry, or five years of experience plus a Bible Institute diploma (or its equivalent).
- Affordable tuition rates
- Convenient course scheduling
- One-day-per-week program
- Peer group or individual learning formats
- Practical ministry focus
- Credit and non-credit course offerings
- Matriculation into M.A. degree program
The Diploma in Urban Ministry requires 10 courses over a one- to three-year period. Four courses comprise a particular area of concentration; one elective course; five courses comprise an urban theological core:
- Introduction to Theological Studies: Research and Writing
- Old Testament or New Testament Survey
- Systematic Theology I or II
- Church to the Reformation or Church Since the Reformation
- Church & Community: Intro to Church-Based Community
Standard tuition and fees for the Boston campus apply.
If you wish to pursue any of our master’s degrees, you must apply and be admitted to the program. Gordon-Conwell awards full graduate credit for courses successfully completed in the diploma program, and will transfer courses into the Master of Arts in Urban Ministry Leadership or the Master of Divinity degree. Learn more about our master’s degrees.
- GRE or high school diploma required (although a bachelor's degree is not required, this program is intended for the serious student).
- Apply today!