Master of Arts in Educational Ministries (MAEM) Degree Program
Some may feel called to ministry, but not necessarily to the role of senior pastor or preacher. If you’re interested in ministering to the congregation, building networks and connections among church members, and uniting the body of Christ, the Master of Arts in Educational Ministries will serve as excellent preparation. You’ll learn to build nurturing, cooperative learning communities through individualized care.
M.A. in Educational Ministries students are concrete, critical thinkers with servants’ hearts. They are interested in exploring how biblical exegesis intertwines with a deep understanding of people and culture. This interdisciplinary, intergenerational degree fuses faith and practical learning to prepare you for various ministries.
- Youth or children’s ministry
- Teaching in Christian education
- Para-church ministry
- Educational coordination
- Congregational life and development ministry
- Intentional learning community provides personalized, supportive experience
- Meaningful, sustained interaction with peers in the field
- Rigorous courses promote critical thinking and engaging discussions
- Option for independent study tailored to your unique interests
- Mentored Ministry component provides supervised practical ministry opportunities
- Degree requirements
- Completion time: 2 years
- The Teacher and the Teaching Task (EM 604)
- Congregational Leadership Development (EM/MC 619)
- Understanding Learners (EM 650)
“I chose the MAEM because I wanted to create a solid education structure and develop long-term curriculum materials that would help prepare young students for meaningful membership and participation in the life of the church. Gordon-Conwell has helped me to think more critically and reflectively—not only in the biblical sense, but also in the way that I approach people.”
Sunny Seo, MAEM ‘07
Youth Pastor, Chodae Community Church | Norwood, N.J.