Master of Arts in Youth Ministry (MAYM) Degree Program
If you’re looking to increase your effectiveness in ministering to youth within the urban context, the Master of Arts in Youth Ministry will train you for fruitful leadership and evangelism. The unique emphasis on urban youth concerns will equip you to minister well to children, adolescents and their families in the context of the city. You’ll learn to understand and be sensitive to the culture of urban communities, and will develop the solid biblical and theological foundation necessary to effectively proclaim God’s redeeming work to youth in the city.
M.A. in Youth Ministry students are typically involved in full-time ministry and are seeking to increase effectiveness in their current setting. If you have a heart for youth and the city, this degree will give you the foundation and tools necessary to thrive in your unique calling.
- Youth/children’s ministry in church, schools and community organizations
- Mentored Ministry component provides supervised practical ministry opportunities and carries course credit
- Rigorous courses offered during evenings and weekends to accommodate your schedule
- Academic programs contextualized to the needs of the city
- Convenient class locations in downtown Boston, and in cities across New England
- Emphasis on deep spiritual formation, global engagement and practical training
- Various courses offered in Spanish, French, Haitian-Creole and Portuguese
- Degree requirements
- Completion time: 2 years
“The MAYM [equipped] me to marry the practice I learned throughout my years with the theory and theology needed to build a solid youth ministry. No matter what venue I find myself in—middle school, high school or campus ministry—the principles of youth ministry are applicable. I am grateful for the tools I have been given through my time at Gordon-Conwell.”
Virginia Ward, MAYM ‘10
Director of Black Campus Ministries—New England, Intervarsity Christian Fellowship; Youth Pastor, Abundant Life Church | Cambridge, MA