• Get In Touch

    Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    Doctor of Ministry Office
    130 Essex Street
    South Hamilton, MA 01982
    Fax: (978) 646-4574
    Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F

  • Tracks »

    Take a look at our Doctor of Ministry tracks.

Doctor of Ministry and Hispanic Ministries International Student Admissions

When applying for the DMin program or the HMP as an international applicant, consider what type of visa you should obtain. There are only two types of visas that allow for study in a degree-seeking program.

Types of Visas

F-1 visa:

If this visa fits your needs, then:

  • Students must apply for a new I-20 and F-1 visa for each residency or class.
    • We do not issue an I-20 for the duration of either program because neither program is a full-time program.
    • The only exception to this is if you are planning on taking a class within five (5) months of a class, then you can discuss options with Bridget Erickson, DSO for DMIN & HMP.
  • Students are expected to return to their home countries between residencies or classes.
  • During residencies, students are allowed to be in the US no sooner than 30 days before and no later than 60 days after their residencies.

R-1 or Green Card:

If you have already obtained or begun the process of obtaining either an R-1 visa through your employment situation or a Green Card:

  • Students must provide documentation showing an R-1 visa or a Green Card that has either already been obtained or is being processed.

Potential for Contribution to the Church

Applicants are selected based on the potential of contribution to the Christian church. International students must commit themselves to remaining in their countries to give leadership upon completion of their studies at Gordon-Conwell.

English Competency

  • No TOEFL testing is required of our applicants.
  • International students are expected to participate fully in the language of the track to which they have been accepted.
  • Language competency is partially determined through the writing portion of the application. Most tracks are offered in English with Liderazgo Pastoral taught in Spanish and a Korean Pastoral Skills taught in Korean.

College Education

General Requirements:

  • You must have a Master of Divinity degree or its academic equivalent (See our  FAQs). This degree must be from an ATS-accredited school or a theological degree from an internationally recognized accrediting association.
  • You should have at least three years of active ministry experience since earning your degree.
  • You must be currently involved in ministry.

Ministry Context


  • Three years of post-theological master's degree ministry.
  • For applicants seeking equivalency: include a listing of ministry experience (years and responsibilities) with application.
  • A ministry context to apply what they are learning in the program.
  • International students in D.Min. program must work in their home ministry context between residencies.

Back to Main Page or Go to Step 2