Charlotte Scholarship FAQ's
- What kind of scholarship is available through Gordon-Conwell?
- Are there any scholarships available outside of GCTS that I might apply for?
- Is my grant or scholarship taxable?
Charlotte Scholarship Answers
- Q:What kind of scholarship is available through Gordon-Conwell?
The GCTS scholarship and grant programs are summarized on our Scholarships and Grants page. Please visit this page for more information and to complete an application (if needed).Top
- Q:Are there any scholarships available outside of GCTS that I might apply for?
Funding from outside sources is possible. Gordon-Conwell students receive scholarships and grants from a number of foundations and organizations. Awards can depend on denomination, undergraduate school affiliation, scholastic ability, previous vocation, etc. The Financial Aid may assist by certifying educational cost for the potential recipients of these funds, but the student must take the initiative to make inquiries and apply to outside sources. We suggest students make themselves aware of other sources through inquiries to denominational headquarters, churches, libraries, etc. To view some suggested outside sources, visit out Funding from Other Sources page.Top
- Q:Is my grant or scholarship taxable?
Possibly. If you receive grant or scholarship funds that will exceed tuition and fees you should read Publication 970, “Scholarships and Fellowships” published by the Internal Revenue Service. This publication can be downloaded from the IRS website.Top