Apply for On-Campus Apartments
Please read this information carefully before completing and submitting the application.
- Step 1 - Housing applications will not be processed until the student has been accepted and has paid a $100 matriculation fee to the Admissions Office.
- Step 2 - In order to secure your spot on the application list, you must send a $50* application fee, along with a $500* deposit by March 15th for the Summer/Fall move-in dates or November 15th for the January/Spring move-in dates. If a housing application is submitted after the Mar. 15th/Nov. 15th deadlines, both of the required fees must be submitted ASAP, otherwise the application will not be accepted.
- Upon moving in, the $500 fee becomes the security deposit as per the terms of your lease.
- If a housing assignment has not been made or a future move-in date is not available by August 1st for Fall or January 7th for Spring, and the student does not want to remain on the Application List, the $500 deposit is refundable.
- If a student cancels their application after the $500 is received, their deposit is refundable.
F1 Students - NOTE: The $500.00 security deposit is required when an F-1 student receives their Visa.
Priority of Assignment (General) : Applications held within each category will be held on Application List by date of Application.
- Special Cases - New F-1 Visa students, physically challenged students, seminary invited guest (With deadline to apply by March 1st for Fall/November 1st for Spring)
- New Students - Special Scholarships Priority (With deadline to apply by March 15 for Fall and November 15 for Spring)
- All Others - New F-1 Visa students and students with scholarships who apply after respective Mar./Nov. 1st & Mar./Nov. 15th deadlines above; and current students or students without a scholarship. ( Must take at least 7 courses per year)
Priority of Assignment (Specific Criteria for Occupancy) :
Married couple without children
One or two single people of the same sex
Married couple without children
Married couple with one child
Two single people of the same sex
Married couple with one to three resident children
Single parent with one to three resident children
Family unit of two (i.e. two siblings)
Two or three single people of the same sex
Family units of four or more. Priority for these units will be made for married couples or single parents with three or more resident children, and for families with two resident children of the opposite sex where at least one child is eight years of age or older. No more than five children are allowed in these units.
Useful Information :
- Students will be permitted to live in campus housing for a maximum of three years.
- Students living in campus housing must complete 21 credit hours towards their degree progam each lease year in order to be eligible to renew their lease.
- Leases are typically for one year, in effect from June 1st through May 31st (or, for new students, effective from move-in date until May 31st)
- It is recommended that all tenants purchase renter's insurance. The seminary does not assume liability for the loss or damage of any contents of an apartment.
- Each apartment has a small storage space (roughly 4 x 5 feet) in which residents can store household goods.
- Mail boxes are provided in each apartment building for first class and other U.S. Postal Service mail, with the exception of large envelopes and packages. Seminary-related mail is delivered to students through the student's assigned seminary mailbox located in the Kerr building mailroom. Large packages and envelopes are delivered and received through the mailroom.
- Smoking and use of alcoholic beverages are not permitted in any building on campus.
- Pets of any kind are not permitted on campus.
Apartment Leases :
An apartment lease is signed by each resident confirming his/her reservation for the assigned apartment and their commitment to live in accordance with campus housing policies as stated in the Apartment Housing Policy and Manual, the Automobile & Public Safety Regulations and the Student Handbook.
This information is provided to assist you in filling out your housing application. If you have any questions, contact the Housing Office at 978-646-4061 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your $50.00 application fee, and the required $500.00 deposit if due as stated above, to the following address:
Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
Attn: Housing Office
130 Essex Street
South Hamilton, MA 01982
NOTE: If the "Student Information" on this application changes, it is the responsibility of the student to make sure the Housing Office has current contact information.