Application for On-Campus Dormitories
The dormitories are the primary residences for single students on campus. Please read this information carefully before completing and submitting the application.
Fees - (*Note: F-1 Visa students are not required to submit the $50.00 application fee. The $500.00 security deposit is required when an F-1 student receives their Visa.)
- Housing applications will not be processed until the student has been accepted and has paid a $100 matriculation fee to the Admissions Office.
- In order to secure your spot on the application list, you must send a $50* application fee, along with a $500* deposit by March 15th for the Summer/Fall move-in dates or November 15th for the January/Spring move-in dates. If a housing application is submitted after the Mar. 15th/Nov. 15th deadlines, both of the required fees must be submitted ASAP, otherwise the application will not be accepted.
- Upon moving in, the $500 fee becomes the security deposit as per the terms of your lease.
- If a housing assignment has not been made or a future move-in date is not available by August 1st for Fall or January 7th for Spring, and the student does not want to remain on the Application List, the $500 deposit is refundable.
- If an applicant cancels their application after the $500 is received, the fee is refundable.
Priority of Assignment (General) : Applications held within each category will be held on Application List by date of Application.
- Special Cases - New F-1 Visa students, physically challenged students (with a deadline to apply by March 1st for Fall/November 1st for Spring)
- New Students - Special Scholarships Priority (With deadline to apply by March 15 for Fall and November 15 for Spring)
- All Others - New F-1 Visa students and students with scholarships who apply after respective Mar./Nov. 1st & Mar./Nov. 15th deadlines above; and current students or students without a scholarship. ( Must take at least 7 courses per year)
Useful Information :
- Students will be permitted to live in campus housing for a maximum of three years.
- Students living in campus housing must complete 21 credit hours towards their degree progam each lease year in order to be eligible to renew their lease.
- Students living in the dormitories are required to participate in the Board Plan during the Fall and Spring semesters. (Optional modified Board Plans are available during January and Summer sessions.)
- Storage areas are available for each dormitory and current residents only.
- No pets are permitted in the dormitories. This includes, but is not limited to, dogs, cats, fish, birds, reptiles, etc.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on campus.
- Smoking is not permitted in any campus building.
- Cooking is not permitted in any of the dormitory rooms. The use of heat producing appliances (electric or gas) is prohibited in the dorm rooms/suites. This includes coffee makers, toasters, toaster ovens, electric burners, mug warmers, microwaves, crockpots, rice cookers, and any other electric cooking appliance. Each dormitory has a lounge in which these appliances may be used with the exception of electric burners. A microwave and refrigerator are provided in the lounge.
- It is recommended that all tenants purchase renter's insurance. The seminary does not assume liability for the loss or damage of any contents of an apartment.
- Each student is assigned a mailbox to which mail and packages from both on and off campus are delivered. Student is responsible for administrative notices in mailbox.
Dormitory Contract :
A dormitory contract is signed by each resident confirming his/her reservation for the assigned dormitory and their commitment to live in accordance with campus housing policies as stated in the Dormitory Housing Policy and Manual, the Automobile & Public Safety Regulations and the Student Handbook. Dormitory housing is offered for the following periods of time: Fall semester, January session, Spring semester, and Summer Sessions I, II, and III.
This information is provided to assist you in filling out your housing application. If you have any questions, contact the Housing Office at 978-646-4061 or email us at email@example.com. Please send your $50.00 application fee, and the required $500.00 deposit if due as stated above, to the following address:
Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
Attn: Housing Office
130 Essex Street
South Hamilton, MA 01982
NOTE: If the "Student Information" on this application changes, it is the responsibility of the student to make sure the Housing Office has current contact information.