Saturday, October 5, 2013, Jim Darlack will be giving an all-day training session on BibleWorks at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in AC240. Library patrons and guests are welcome to attend either the morning BibleWorks Essentials class, the afternoon Intermediate class, or both.
This seminar will give you hands-on practical help.
- Basic principles of the program's powerful search engine.
- Understand how key BibleWorks tools and resources are integrated.
- Quickly access info in lexicons, dictionaries and grammars.
- Learn many "shortcuts" and quick keys to speed up research.
- Explore maps, vocabulary flashcards, synopses and diagramming tools.
- See the dynamic new Manuscripts Project and Textual Apparatus.
- Much more -- as much as time allows!
About the Trainer:
Jim Darlack has been using BibleWorks since 1999. As reference librarian at the Goddard Library, he has trained hundreds of students on how to use this tool for exegetical research. He owns and contributes to the "Unofficial BibleWorks Blog" (http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org) - a site dedicated to providing free resources that supplement the materials already a part of the base package.
- Directions to the Hamilton Campus
- Campus Map (Class is held in the Academic Center [see top of map], room 240; parking available in Chapel parking lot.)