Lindsell Circulation Policies
Any person welcome on campus is also welcome within the Library. However, all borrowers who wish to check materials out of the Library must have either a current Gordon-Conwell ID, Driver's License, or ID card from a consortial institution.
Guest accounts for borrowing cost $50.00 per year, but are free for some categories of borrowers and members of institutions from the Carolinas Theological Library Consortium (CTLC), our regional consortial group of libraries. To request guest borrowing privileges please contact the library by email at email@example.com.
- 25 items, 28 days for Gordon-Conwell borrowers.
- 5 items, 21 days for Guests.
VHS & DVD's:
- All VHS must be viewed in the library.
- Reference DVD's - cannot be checked out.
- All other DVDs - limit 2 at a time for 14 days.
Audio Cassettes & CD's:
- 7 days (Maximum of 5 out at any one time to any borrower)
Reference, Reserve, Journal, Thesis, Cooley, Microform, and Vertical File:
- For use only in the library. Page scanning, copying, and printing is available. Please see a library staff member for assistance.
Approved Thesis Loans:
- Students writing approved theses may check out circulating books for 6 months. After the first 28 days, the books may be recalled by another patron.
Renewals of Lindsell Library items may be requested using one of these methods:
Online (See instructions below)
(All library owned items are subject to recall after their lending period has ended)
- Students and staff: up to three renewals of 28 days each.
- Faculty: up to 11 renewals of 28 days each.
- Guests: 1 renewal of 21 days each.
Cassettes & CD's: 7 days
- Thesis loans: two renewals of only 28 days each after the 6 month period.
How to Renew Online
- Library Accounts can be accessed from these locations:
Library Homepage: Click 'Library Account' from the side menu or 'Log into your Library Account' from the WorldCat Discovery search box. The account log-in page will open.
Within WorldCat Discovery: Click 'Sign-in' in the top right corner.
Account Log-in and Renewal Help
Course Reserves Explained
- Course reserves are highly used or required items that are requested by a class professor to be placed on reserve. Reserve items remain on the reserve shelf until the class has ended.
- Reserve materials are kept behind the circulation desk.
- Generally reserves are not allowed for checkout from the Charlotte campus library. Permission must be granted by the class professor with an email send to the library director.
Searching for Course Reserves
Visit the Course Reserve tool within WorldCat Discovery to view what is currently (or formerly) on reserve from any Gordon-Conwell campus library.
Search by course name, instructor, department, or prefix. Searches can include former courses by clicking 'include inactive courses'.
- Course name: Managing Conflict
- Instructor: Cooper
- Department: Counseling
- Prefix: CL640
- Holds are placed on items that have already been checked out by another patron. The current borrower is under no obligation to return the book until the end of the first loan period. Placing a hold will, however, prevent the current borrower from renewing the item.
- Only current students, faculty, and staff may place a hold.
- Only circulating items can be placed on hold from the branch library where the borrower is a student or employee.
All items are subject to immediate recall after they have been in a borrower's possession for 28 days.
Items that are needed for course reserves are subject for immediate recall regardless of how long they have been in the borrower's possession.
Requesting a Hold
Please contact the library to request an item be placed on hold.
Viewing Items on Hold
- To monitor or cancel a hold, log into your Library Account.
The Fine Policy has been updated. Please visit here for complete details.