Below you will find the most current list of Mentored Ministry Opportunities in the Hamilton Campus area, especially pertaining to positions that exhibit a variety of opportunities in one place.
Our office strives to keep the listings below as up to date as possible. All postings have a trained and approved mentor in place. Please note that while these postings reflect the desire of certain ministries and churches to have a seminarian work with them, ministry opportunities for GCTS students are not limited to this list.
Wesley United Methodist Church - Children's Ministry Coordinator
- SITE: 8 North Street, Salem, MA 01970
- DENOMINATION: United Methodist Church
- MENTOR: Rev. Arthur Savage
- PHONE: 978-744-3113
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE: http://www.salemwesley.org/
PROJECT: Wesley United Methodist Church is seeking a male or female student to serve and grow in the following opportunities:
- Active involvement in creating and implementing a vision for a children’s ministry program from preschool to grade 6 including Sunday morning children’s church.
- Help recruit children by interacting with parents and grandparents and encouraging involvement.
- Organize volunteers to assist with the ministry.
- Some involvement in the beginning part of weekly Sunday worship services.
- Coordinate seasonal activities for the children that can be share during the worship service.
- Potential for further leadership activities depending on the candidate.
HOURS: 10 hours / week
TIME FRAME: Fall 2014 and Spring 2015; if available, Summer 2015 and multiple years at our church if possible.
COMMUTE: 20—25 minutes from Gordon-Conwell
OTHER: The right student for this position should have a heart for children with a desire to prayerfully see them nurtured in a deep faith in God and relationship with Jesus Christ. The right candidate will be creative, motivated and willing to initiate a new children’s ministry.
Wesley United Methodist Church is a small but growing multi-generational congregation. Our worship services are a blend of contemporary praise and worship music led by our praise team and classical traditional hymns with our historic pipe organ. Our historic building is in the heart of Salem, Massachusetts within walking distance of the MBTA commuter rail. Our Sunday worship service is from 10:00—11:30 a.m., and we have various Bible studies throughout the week as well as times of more informal praise and worship.
Christ The King Dorchester— Children’s Ministry Director
- Site: 1370 Dorchester Avenue, Dorchester, MA 02125
- Phone: 617-326-6106
- Denomination: PCA
- Mentor: Rev. Daniel Rogers
- Email: email@example.com
- Commute: 40 Minutes from Gordon-Conwell
Position: Your responsibilities will include reaching out to the children of Dorchester and their families, maintaining, overseeing, and building upon existing children’s ministry (King’s Kids, Children’s Church, Nursery, VBS and summer programs), and training and organizing volunteers
Hours: 40 Hours/Week
Financial: This is a full-time position and will be salaried
Time Frame: Start-up would be August 1st, with no end-date in mind
Other: Christ the King Dorchester is a multi-ethnic, Gospel-driven, community-based church which is committed to seeing the Kingdom of God extended in Dorchester and beyond. We are a young church (started five years ago) that has experienced good healthy growth. We average about 150 children and adults in attendance in worship. Many of these are new Christians, some are seekers. During the week we have a thriving ESL ministry and a children’s ministry that reaches out to both church kids and neighborhood children.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF DERRY – Children & Youth Ministry
- SITE: 4 Crystal Avenue, Derry, NH 03038
- MENTOR: Pastor Malcolm Widness
- PHONE: 603-315-6334
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE: www.fbcderry.org
- DENOMINATION: American Baptist Church
PROJECT: Under direction of the pastor and Christian education committee, provide activities and Bible study as well as spiritual development for 5th–11th graders. This would be done Sunday morning and during the week. Building relationships with the 15 or so children is part of the position as well. Student will meet with the pastor once a week. Possibility of a few overnight or retreat and camping events, and possibility for the opportunity to participate in or lead segments of worship on Sunday morning.
HOURS: 10-15 hours per week
FINANCIAL: $150.00 per week,
TIME FRAME: Fall 2014, Spring 2015
We are a Bible-believing church which values expository preaching and a mix of hymns and contemporary music. Located centrally in a city of 30,000 people, we have 60 or so regular attendees, and we are associated with a food pantry and soup kitchen.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF DANVERS – Children’s Christian Education Coordinator
- SITE: 1 Water Street, Danvers, MA 01923
- PHONE: 978-774-8277
- DENOMINATION: Baptist
- MENTOR: Rev. John G. Mulvihill
- EMAIL: email@example.com
PROJECT: Develop, lead and maintain a children’s Christian Education Program for children from infancy to age 10, including age groups 0-4 years for nursery, and 4-10 years for Kid’s Church.
The ideal candidate will have a mature relationship with the Lord; a heart for children’s ministry; proven administrative and relational abilities that are essential for developing and implementing programs that draw parents and children alike into the life of the church, skills in teaching and nurturing the spiritual lives of young children, as well as instilling in them a love for God, His Word and His church; and a winsome, collegial spirit in working with other staff and volunteers.
The coordinator will report directly to the pastor with oversight and support provided by the Board of Directors and the Children’s Education Committee.
DUTIES: Develop a comprehensive Children’s Christian Education program through teaching various age groups as well as developing a volunteer team of teachers and workers.
Duties will include:
- Develop a comprehensive Children’s Christian Education program through teaching various age groups as well as developing a volunteer team of teachers and workers.
- Work with other paid staff and / or interns to maintain a schedule for nursery and Kids’ Church programs each Sunday and for special events.
- Work with the pastor, parents and CCE Committee to develop a curriculum and vision for the Children’s Christian Education at FBC
- Lead in keeping the children’s classrooms, nursery and environment safe, clean and child-friendly (positive) for children, parents and visitors.
- Prayerfully consider, plan and cooperate in outreach to children and their families in the community.
- Plan a minimum of four (4) special children’s events annually.
- Recommend programs, facility and ministry improvements when appropriate and/or needed
- Provide teacher trainings as needed.
- Provide parent orientations and follow0up visitation with regular attendees and visitors as needed.
HOURS: 10 hours / week
TIME FRAME: To begin now and continue.
COMMUTE: Approx. 10 minutes