Below you will find the most current list of Mentored Ministry Opportunities in the Hamilton Campus area, especially pertaining to positions that exhibit a variety of opportunities in one place.
Our office strives to keep the listings below as up to date as possible. All postings have a trained and approved mentor in place. Please note that while these postings reflect the desire of certain ministries and churches to have a seminarian work with them, ministry opportunities for GCTS students are not limited to this list.
GRACE COMMUNITY CHURCH - AWANA Leader
- SITE: 17 Pleasant St., Marblehead, MA 01945
- DENOMINATION: Non-denominational
- MENTOR: Eric Dokken
- PHONE: 781-631-9343
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- WEBSITE: http://www.gracemarblehead.org
PROJECT: We are looking for a seminarian with a heart for children’s ministry to lead our AWANA team. Responsibilities will include planning, volunteer management, communication with parents, leading weekly meetings, and teaching. The team leader will learn how to manage a team and run a successful program that teaches the gospel to children in the church, as well as the community. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the gospel, experience working with children, ability to lead a team, and strong administrative skills.
HOURS: 10 Hours per week
FINANCES: A Stipend of $5000 for the school year is available. The position and the stipend can be expanded for the right candidate.
TIME: Ideally to start in August to plan for early September, when fall ministry begins. The position will end in late May/early June. The dates can be flexible, if necessary.
COMMUTE from GCTS: 35 minutes
OTHER: Grace Community Church is a smaller church with a surprising degree of diversity in age and backgrounds. The church is extremely generous and supportive. We have a history of seminarians involved in the church with great success. Additional opportunities outside of AWANA are available for the right candidate both in children’s and adult ministry.
Connect Church - Children's Ministry Leader
- SITE: 18 Beckert Ave, Revere, MA 02151
- DENOMINATION: SBC / Reformed
- MENTOR: Erik Maloy
- PHONE: 781-629-4924
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE: http://www.connectchurchboston.com
PROJECT: If you are a motivational self-starter capable of starting a program and working under the direct supervision of the lead pastor, this position is for you. We are a church plant in need of a Children's Ministry leader who is capable of leading and training volunteers with the assistance of the lead pastor. You will not only learn how to prepare and lead children's ministry, but also acquire vital skills necessary for a church plant. A background check is required.
HOURS: 10-15 Hours/Week
FINANCES: Small stipend for gas
COMMUTE from GCTS: 25 minutes
OTHER: We are a new church plant with reformed doctrine and a desire to be missional. We are located in Revere which is a multi-cultural area with a great need for the Gospel presence.
Christ The King Dorchester— Children’s Ministry Director
- Site: 1370 Dorchester Avenue, Dorchester, MA 02125
- Phone: 617-326-6106
- Denomination: PCA
- Mentor: Rev. Daniel Rogers
- Email: email@example.com
- Commute: 40 Minutes from Gordon-Conwell
Position: Your responsibilities will include reaching out to the children of Dorchester and their families, maintaining, overseeing, and building upon existing children’s ministry (King’s Kids, Children’s Church, Nursery, VBS and summer programs), and training and organizing volunteers
Hours: 40 Hours/Week
Financial: This is a full-time position and will be salaried.
Time Frame: Start-up would be August 1st, with no end-date in mind
Other: Christ the King Dorchester is a multi-ethnic, Gospel-driven, community-based church which is committed to seeing the Kingdom of God extended in Dorchester and beyond. We are a young church (started five years ago) that has experienced good healthy growth. We average about 150 children and adults in attendance in worship. Many of these are new Christians, some are seekers. During the week we have a thriving ESL ministry and a children’s ministry that reaches out to both church kids and neighborhood children.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF DERRY – Children & Youth Ministry
- SITE: 4 Crystal Avenue, Derry, NH 03038
- MENTOR: Pastor Malcolm Widness
- PHONE: 603-315-6334
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE: www.fbcderry.org
- DENOMINATION: American Baptist Church
PROJECT: Under direction of the pastor and Christian education committee, provide activities and Bible study as well as spiritual development for 5th–11th graders. This would be done Sunday morning and during the week. Building relationships with the 15 or so children is part of the position as well. Student will meet with the pastor once a week. Possibility of a few overnight or retreat and camping events, and possibility for the opportunity to participate in or lead segments of worship on Sunday morning.
HOURS: 10-15 hours per week
FINANCIAL: $150.00 per week,
TIME FRAME: Fall - Spring
We are a Bible-believing church which values expository preaching and a mix of hymns and contemporary music. Located centrally in a city of 30,000 people, we have 60 or so regular attendees, and we are associated with a food pantry and soup kitchen.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF DANVERS – Children’s Christian Education Coordinator
- SITE: 1 Water Street, Danvers, MA 01923
- PHONE: 978-774-8277
- DENOMINATION: Baptist
- MENTOR: Rev. John G. Mulvihill
- EMAIL: email@example.com
PROJECT: Develop, lead and maintain a children’s Christian Education Program for children from infancy to age 10, including age groups 0-4 years for nursery, and 4-10 years for Kid’s Church.
The ideal candidate will have a mature relationship with the Lord; a heart for children’s ministry; proven administrative and relational abilities that are essential for developing and implementing programs that draw parents and children alike into the life of the church, skills in teaching and nurturing the spiritual lives of young children, as well as instilling in them a love for God, His Word and His church; and a winsome, collegial spirit in working with other staff and volunteers.
The coordinator will report directly to the pastor with oversight and support provided by the Board of Directors and the Children’s Education Committee.
DUTIES: Develop a comprehensive Children’s Christian Education program through teaching various age groups as well as developing a volunteer team of teachers and workers.
Duties will include:
- Develop a comprehensive Children’s Christian Education program through teaching various age groups as well as developing a volunteer team of teachers and workers.
- Work with other paid staff and / or interns to maintain a schedule for nursery and Kids’ Church programs each Sunday and for special events.
- Work with the pastor, parents and CCE Committee to develop a curriculum and vision for the Children’s Christian Education at FBC
- Lead in keeping the children’s classrooms, nursery and environment safe, clean and child-friendly (positive) for children, parents and visitors.
- Prayerfully consider, plan and cooperate in outreach to children and their families in the community.
- Plan a minimum of four (4) special children’s events annually.
- Recommend programs, facility and ministry improvements when appropriate and/or needed
- Provide teacher trainings as needed.
- Provide parent orientations and follow0up visitation with regular attendees and visitors as needed.
HOURS: 10 hours / week
TIME FRAME: To begin now and continue.
COMMUTE: Approx. 10 minutes