Writing Tutors Needed
June 14, 2012
Gordon-Conwell’s Online MAR program is looking for qualified individuals to grade writing and research assignments during the online IS502 course, and to provide on-demand writing assistance and feedback to students through the Virtual Writing Center.
- Acknowledge submissions within 24 hours. Provide written feedback on drafts within one week of submission.
- Respond to student postings in the IS502 message forums and on the message forums of the Virtual Writing Center as assigned.
- Provide written feedback on student papers submitted to the Virtual Writing Center.
- Assist students in the process of writing a research paper.
- Conduct synchronous chats with students via Skype or Adobe Connect as requested.
- Maintain a log of interactions with students in IS502 and the Virtual Writing Center.
- Has earned a master’s degree from an accredited seminary, or is an advanced student in a seminary degree program
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Thorough knowledge of Gordon-Conwell’s library system
- Thorough knowledge of academic writing standards and common citation styles
- Must be comfortable with using a computer, Sakai, and Microsoft Word
This position pays $100/student disbursed in three installments as students complete each module of the course.
Interested individuals should contact Cindy Wheatley, Associate Dean for Hybrid Learning, at (321) 663-7819 or firstname.lastname@example.org.