Center for the Study of Global Christianity
The Center for the Study of Global Christianity is constantly engaging in demographic research and updating statistics for the World Christian Database. In addition to these tasks, we are almost always engaged in several other projects, both major and minor. Please click here to see a list of our current public projects.
Throughout its history, the Center for the Study of Global Christianity has produced many world-class reference works including the recent Atlas of Global Christianity (Edinburgh University Press, 2009). Additionally, we also produce and maintain the World Christian Database (Brill) online, and regularly publish articles in journals and encyclopedias. Please click here to see our full list of publications.
The Center regularly publishes works that are available free to the public either through a link to an external site, or directly as a download from this site. Please click here to see a list of works.
Center personnel are regularly involved in teaching courses on global Christianity, mission, and related disciplines. Some recent courses include:
- Doctor of Ministry in Global Christianity and Global Development at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (January 2016)
- Trends in Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (Fall 2014)
- Religions on the Silk Road at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (Spring 2014)
- Global Pentecostalism at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (Fall 2013)
- Rise of Global Christianity, 1910-2010 at Boston University School of Theology (Spring 2013)
- NGOs and Development at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (Fall 2012)