The J Christy Wilson Jr. Center for World Missions offers a variety of events, including chapels, lunch forums, open house venues and lectures, which focus on various geographical areas, major religions, and types of global ministry opportunities. Throughout the year, we also host international guests, sponsor cross-cultural and service-learning experiences and have the opportunity to engage on a variety of topics related to the global mission of the church.
Tuesday to Thursday, October 7 - 9, 2014
The Missions Emphasis Week Program from Tuesday through Thursday is open to public and includes:
- Daily Chapel Services and Lunch Forums from 11:10am to 1:40pm.
- Wednesday Afternoon and Dinner Workshops (various sessions open during 3-5pm, and 5-7pm). Workshop details to be announced. Dinner RSVP will be required.
- Missions Fair throughout the week from various global mission organizations.
- Click here for dinner workshop registration, detail schedule and directions.
Chapel and Lunch Forum Speakers:
- David Ro, Director of J Christy Wilson Jr. Center for World Missions, spent over nine years working with urban professionals in Beijing, China, to reach the intellectuals and students. David is also the International Deputy Director - East Asia, of Lausanne Movement and works closely with the emerging church networks in East Asia.
- Alan Platt, Leader & Founder of Doxa Deo, a city reaching model serving 30,000 people in ten campuses across Pretoria, South Africa. Through Doxa Deo’s City Changes Movement and Institute, people are trained to integrate kingdom initiatives with different spheres of society.
Mac Pier, Founder & CEO of the New York City Leadership Center, dedicated to help urban leaders to create collaborative partnerships, and develop Gospel Movements in their cities. Mac is also Founder of Concert of Prayer Greater New York, one of the most developed urban prayer and pastoral networks.
Exhibition of 19th-century Missionaries and Martyrs in China | September 25 - October 5
Gordon-Conwell, South Hamilton campus will be exhibiting over 250 pieces of historical writings and photos from the following collections:
Martyrs of the Boxer Incident by CCM and OMF
History of Robert Morrison and Missions in China by Cosmic Light
Exhibition Opening Night featuring
presentation by Dr. Todd Johnson:
Christian Martyrdom Today
September 25 | 7pm | Alumni Hall
Click here for more details on exhibition, locations and tour hours.
For more information, please contact the Wilson Center for World Missions.