Pierce Fellowship - Boston
- $1400 annual grant
- $700 credit to student account in fall semester
- $700 credit to student account in spring/summer semester upon registering for sixth course
- Must be a returning student in good academic standing having completed at least 2 semesters at Gordon-Conwell (some exceptions made for select incoming students).
- Must take a minimum of 6 courses per academic year (includes Fall/Jan/Spring/Summer Terms and SemLink).
- Must have demonstrated experience and ongoing commitment to small group leadership, spiritual formation, and disciple-building.
- Must submit an application form and secure two recommendations. Existing Gordon-Conwell students must submit one recommendation from a ministry-related colleague from a past or present ministry involvement and the other from a Gordon-Conwell faculty, staff member or seminary peer. Incoming students must submit one recommendation from a ministry-related colleague from a past or present ministry involvement and the other from someone who has experienced his/her discipling ministry.
- Must submit a CUME Supplemental Pierce Fellowship Application approved by local church or parachurch supervisor.
- Applies to all degree programs except Diploma D.Min. and Th.M.
- Applications are NOT rolling and are accepted and applied at the fall semester of each year.
- Fellowships are one-year renewable pending an annual review of fulfilled requirements.
Each member of the fellowship will be asked to fulfill the terms of the Pierce Center Covenant (to be signed only upon acceptance). The major areas of student responsibility include:
- Facilitating a Soul Care Small Group of other seminarians.
- Participating in a Spiritual Formation Small Group with Pierce Center staff and 6-8 other fellowship members at a minimum of five times each semester.
- Engaging in a discipleship ministry of a local church or parachurch organization.
- Participating in events hosted by the Pierce Center for the Gordon-Conwell community.
- Attending retreats and socials for fellowship members.