Career Services Office
Purpose - The Career Services Office’s aim is twofold:
- To serve local churches and ministries by helping them to advertise open ministry positions to qualified candidates;
- To serve our Gordon-Conwell graduating students and alumni through counsel, support and assistance in discovering appropriate, available ministry opportunities.
Resources – Our department offers a variety of resources to help accomplish these objectives:
- MinistryList.com. This is our professional ministry web site where a wide variety of ministry positions may be posted and viewed. This is a free service. Churches and other ministries are encouraged to post their full or part-time professional openings here. (No internships or summer opportunities, please; refer these to the Mentored Ministry Department.) A special feature of this web site is the Candidate List section where Gordon-Conwell degree holders (graduating students and alumni) can post their ministry profiles for potential employers to consider.
- If you are a church or ministry wishing to host an informational meeting on the Hamilton campus or conduct interviews for paid professional ministry positions for graduating Hamilton campus students, please use our Campus Visit Form.
- Denominational Information and Contacts. Our office has extensive denominational information on file as well as web site links, available on our Denominational Chart.
- Job Hunting Helps. The Resources link in MinistryList.com contains information on such topics as developing a ministry portfolio, resume-building and composing cover letters, tips on interviewing , biblical perspectives, and denominational and other ministry position links.
Dr. Katherine Horvath
We are located in the Academic Center, Room 233