Purpose - The Placement Department’s aim is twofold:
- To serve local churches and ministries by helping them to advertise open ministry positions to qualified candidates;
- To serve our GCTS graduating students and alumni through counsel, support and assistance in discovering appropriate, available ministry opportunities.
Resources – Our department offers a variety of resources to help accomplish these objectives:
- MinistryList.com. This is our professional ministry web site where a wide variety of ministry positions may be posted and viewed. This is a free service. Churches and other ministries are encouraged to post their full or part-time professional openings here. (No internships or summer opportunities, please; refer these to the Mentored Ministry Department.) A special feature of this web site is the Candidate List section where Gordon-Conwell degree holders (graduating students and alumni) can post their ministry profiles for potential employers to consider.
- If you are a church or ministry wishing to host an informational meeting on the Hamilton campus or conduct interviews for ministry positions for graduating Hamilton campus students, please use our Campus Visit Form.
- Denominational Information and Contacts. Our office has extensive denominational information on file as well as web site links.
- Job Hunting Helps. The Resources link in MinistryList.com contains information on such topics as developing a ministry portfolio, resume-building and composing cover letters, tips on interviewing , biblical perspectives, and denominational and other ministry position links.
Gordon-Conwell Placement Department
Dr. Katherine Kyte Horvath
We are located in the Academic Center, Room 233