This course examines the healing component of youth ministry through relationships with youth and their families in the areas of urban trauma, illness, brokenness, and other related developmental issues.
RELATIONSHIP TO GORDON-CONWELL’S MISSION
This course serves the following institutional learning objectives:
- To train and encourage students, in cooperation with the Church, to become skilled in ministry. [Article 3]
- To work with the churches towards the maturing of students so that their experiential knowledge of God in Christ is evidenced in their character, outlook, conduct, relationships, and involvement in society. [Article 4]
- To develop in students a vision for God’s redemptive work throughout the world and to formulate the strategies that will lead to effective missions, evangelism, and discipleship. [Article 6]
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and assess youth in need of skills to build healthy relationships.
- Interpret and clarify relationship building skills to equip youth and families in challenged relationships.
- Design a relationship growth plan to equip churches and ministries working with youth.
Mode: Digital Live
This seven-week Digital Live course will be conducted fully online with a weekly schedule aligned with GCTS’ academic calendar. Students should plan to interact weekly with the material, with each other, and with the instructor through online classroom discussions, reading, and other assignments that promote active learning.