This course will concentrate on the nature of the Christian leader as well as uncovering theological, sociological and developmental foundations in becoming a “redemptive” leader. Special attention will be given to the developmental processes that work in forming a redemptive leader as well as the barriers and obstacles that can inhibit such development. The person and character of the leader are paramount and foundational to developing a team and establishing a redemptive climate in which growth is facilitated.
RELATIONSHIP TO GORDON-CONWELL’S MISSION
This course serves the following institutional learning objectives:
- To work with the churches towards the maturing of students so that their experiential knowledge of God in Christ is evidenced in their character, outlook, conduct, relationships and involvement in society.[Article 4]
- To develop in students a vision for God’s redemptive work throughout the world and to formulate the strategies that will lead to effective missions, evangelism and discipleship.[Article 6]
In this course, students will:
- Gain an understanding of the developmental stages and models concerning spiritual development in a leader’s life
- Assess how a leader’s “World View” impacts how they work with people, develop culture, develop a team etc.
- Gain insight and develop an intentional plan to work with “Dark Side” issues and personal obstacles that would inhibit a leader from growing
- Form anintentional plan to maintain the important areas of a leader’s family and marriage
Mode: Digital Live
CL630 is a Digital Live course with online coursework from May 19 – August 24, a live Zoom web meeting on the first day of the semester, and a three-day residency.
Class Introduction (Zoom): Tuesday May 19, 7:00 pm ET
Lectures: Course lectures will meet on the scheduled dates via Zoom. Details about the format of the lectures (sometimes referred to as “Residency”) will be posted in Canvas.
- Wednesday July 21, 9:30am – 4:00pm ET
- Thursday July 22, 9:30am – 4:00pm ET
- Friday July 23, 9:30am – 12:30pm ET