• Get In Touch

    Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    Doctor of Ministry Office
    130 Essex Street
    South Hamilton, MA 01982
    Fax: (978) 646-4574
    Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F

  • Tracks »

    Take a look at our Doctor of Ministry tracks.

Step 5: Applying for an F-1 Student Visa

The F-1 student visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by an international U.S. Embassy/Consulate to students coming to the U.S. for full-time studies at an academic institution. While HMP and DMin students are expected to return to their ministry settings between intense courses and residencies, an F-1 student visa is still required.

Click here for more information about the student visas.

Alternative Visas

  • Students with tourist visa (B-1/B-2) or from a country of the Visa Waiver Program must still obtain an F-1 student visa.
  • U.S. regulations do not allow persons who enter on a tourist visa or the Visa Waiver Program to enroll in an academic program while in the U.S.

Lawfully Maintaining F-1 Visa Status

  • As an F-1 student at Gordon-Conwell, you are solely responsible for lawfully maintaining your visa status throughout your entire course of study.

Back to Main Page or Go to Step 6