Function: Under the supervision of the Dean of Enrollment Management and the immediate direction of the Assistant Director of Admissions, performs a variety of functions required to ensure the smooth operation of the admissions office; serves as the initial contact between the admissions office and its constituencies (prospective students, students, staff, and the general public); assesses and appropriately handles or directs inquires from prospective students and other constituents; coordinates on-campus events for visiting students (e.g., open houses and welcome events); trains student workers; assures timely distribution of routine reports and lists to the Dean of Enrollment Management, Assistant Director, and administration.
The incumbent must posses exceptional interpersonal abilities manifested in a confident warm, outgoing manner including excellent oral communication and listening skills and a keen attention to detail and accuracy; is capable of functioning effectively within a student-centered, cooperative-decision-making environment; is highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks; possesses solid experience in PC/Windows computing environment (especially Microsoft Office); able to efficiently use the functionality in the CAMS/LMU admissions and recruitment modules.
Use of Capabilities: (Illustrated by typical activities)
- Coordinates the administrative and clerical activities of the Admissions Office by serving as primary contact person for the Admissions Office: providing appropriate information to internal and external inquires: determining the appropriate handling of all incoming communications (phone, email, fax, mail, etc.) and visitors: and managing all outgoing correspondence
- Trains and supervises student workers to assure timely handling of all inquires and outgoing correspondence
- Qualifies all leads, ensures immediate follow up, assigns them to appropriate admissions representatives, and coordinates and follows up on efficient and timely use of students, faculty, and alumni in recruiting efforts
- Coordinates the full use of the CAMS/LMU admissions and recruitment modules. Assists other office personnel in the use of the modules. Serves in linking role between the Admissions Office and the CAMS/LMU administrator. Assists admissions staff at other campuses with the proper uses of CAMS (e.g., initial training, data entry standards, report generation, etc.).
- Responsible for the preparation, integrity and safe handling of all admissions files
- Serves in the linking role between the Hamilton Admissions and Registration Offices, ensuring timely and accurate transmission of information and files as prospective students enroll for courses
- Responsible for stocking and maintaining office supplies, as well as keeping inventory of various catalogs, brochures and other related materials. This includes stocking and maintaining resources in the Admissions guest quarters
- Responsible for writing and sending out all acceptance letter and rejection letters in a timely manner
- Arranges visits, faculty/staff appointments, transportation, lodging, and meals for visiting prospective students. This includes coordinating the details for the biannual Open House events and annual Welcome Event, which requires some night and weekend hours
- Assists Admissions Representatives in the preparing for and conducting of off-site recruiting events
- Other tasks as requested by the Dean of Enrollment Management and Assistant Director of Admissions
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Summary: This position reports to the Vice President of Advancement and is responsible for providing a broad range of administrative and clerical services in support of the Vice President and with internal and external activities related to Advancement at Gordon-Conwell.
Skills Required: The incumbent must have a proven track record demonstrating strong administrative and clerical skills gained through hands-on experience. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are vital to interacting with individuals across various levels both within and external to the organization. The ability to interact in a gracious and articulate manner to the various constituencies of the seminary is essential. Specific skills required include organizational and coordination skills; the proven ability to work well within a team environment, and the ability to operate with a high degree of professionalism maintaining confidence of sensitive constituent information and other internal day-to-day activities pertaining to advancement. Experience in event planning and coordinating is strongly preferred in this role. The ability to quickly grasp the range and content of the Vice President of Advancement’s responsibilities, and to partner when required with the Office of the President is essential.
Key Responsibilities: This role will support the Vice President of Advancement as follows:
- Communications & Correspondence: Assisting in editing materials, correspondence, reports, etc., being sent from the Office of Advancement, ensuring accuracy and timely distribution. Coordinates and prepares various documents and communications for mailing and distribution to broad audiences. Supports the drafting of written correspondence (such thank you letters, birthday greetings) to major donors, Board of Trustees and Advisors, foundations, etc as assigned. Composes notes from the Advancement Office and sends flowers and other gifts as appropriate. Tracks correspondence in Raiser’s Edge software; leverages software using “Action” feature to plan and track completion of various activities with constituents.
- Event Planning: Is responsible for arrangement of Advancement/Donor receptions, dinners, special events, and other public relations activities, as needed. Coordinate activities with Office of the President and other departments to ensure smooth execution of events, including use of Raiser’s Edge software for planning and tracking all aspects of events.
- Administrative & Clerical duties: Screens telephone calls, mail, and correspondence for the Vice President; making appropriate referrals and appointments; answering basic inquiries, and initiation correspondence as authorized. Handles scheduling requests and meeting planning as needed, for internal and external needs. Organizes and maintains file system, ensuring donor privacy and confidentiality of sensitive data, including disposal/shredding as needed to protect privacy. Maintains office supplies for the Advancement Office as directed by the V.P. of Advancement.
- Travel & Expense Management: Coordinate all travel arrangements for the Vice President of Advancement and process all expense reports in a timely manner in accordance with financial service accounting guidelines.
- Meeting Planning: Assists with preparation for Board of Trustees meetings, Advancement Department meetings, mailings, and minute taking for Advancement Sub-Committee meetings.
- Other duties as requested by the Vice President of Advancement.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.