Position Summary: Under the broad supervision of the Vice President of Advancement, this position supports the mission of the Seminary and the Advancement Office by overseeing advancement services and operations related to donor stewardship, foundation relations, the annual fund, direct mail strategy and advancement systems. This individual in this role will also direct the Seminary’s stewardship efforts, including supervision of Stewardship Staff.
- Foundation Relations: coordinate with grant writer to prepare proposals, and work closely with Vice President of Advancement, Campaign Director and President to ensure proposals are in alignment with institutional strategy. Identify new foundation prospects, and report to foundations and other grant making entities on their timetable. (25%)
- Annual Fund & Direct Mail Appeals: Create and implement direct mail appeal strategy and plan, finding ways to attract new donors, identify major donor prospects, engage existing donors and move them to new levels of giving and to retain donors, with particular focus on monthly giving program. Work collaboratively with Director of Partnership Program on specific ways to attract, retain and engage those donors. Partner closely with Communications Office as project owner of direct mail initiatives. Leverage direct mail and additional means to increase year-over-year seminary annual fund giving. (20%)
- Stewardship: Ensure the stewardship process of thanking and receipting donors runs smoothly and efficiently. Leverage Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge to streamline the process (ex: e-receipts, quarterly statements, etc.) and ensure accuracy in honoring donor intent through accurate application of gifts to appropriate funds. Find creative ways to appreciate donors at all levels, and drive reporting process to foundations and major donors. (20%)
- Scholarship Management and Reporting: Oversee the coordination of scholarships from an advancement perspective in collaboration with offices of finance and financial aid with special emphasis given to major donor relationships and reporting. (15%)
- Prospect Management: Performs database analytics to identify prospects and oversees prospect/major donor research. Creates and implements “moves management” matrix to ensure donor prospects move “up the funnel” to become major donors. (10%)
- Advancement Systems: Oversee the manager of Advancement Systems and work to ensure data integrity and to leverage systems for reporting and analysis. Find ways to leverage system capabilities to better support all aspects of advancement services, including stewardship, achieving annual fund goals, direct mail appeals and foundation relations. (5%)
- Budget: Plan annual fund budget in collaboration with Vice President of Advancement and oversee expenses throughout the year to come in on target for budget goals. (5%)
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Relationship Building: proven track record of building relationships across departments and outside the organization to ensure positive business outcomes. Proven ability to collaborate and foster a team environment.
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness: Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate in a manner that allows information to flow freely and smoothly in order to perform job responsibilities in a timely fashion.
- Integrity: Must display high ethical standards with internal and external constituents, and lead this function in a way consistent with ECFA standards to ensure donor privacy and to honor donor intent.
- Analytical Skills: ability to analyze, interpret and evaluate data in order make data driven decisions.
Education and Experience:
- Five to eight years experience in a leadership role in development/advancement fundraising.
- Advanced computer skills required; experience with Blackbaud’s The Raiser’s Edge or other CRM tool is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or non-profit or equivalent experience required.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position Summary: This Hamilton based position reports directly to the Deputy Chief Information Officer (Deputy CIO). The individual supervises the IT Help Desk, including direct oversight of Hamilton based Help Desk technicians, to provide timely, effective, and customer-focused IT issue resolution for students, faculty, administration and staff. The position plays a key role in identifying and implementing IT Help Desk process and system improvements. Additionally, the position manages the IT end-user assets at three of the four campuses.
- Help Desk Ticket Management: Continually monitors the IT Help Desk ticket queue and ensures tickets are addressed based on defined processes and service level agreements, with a commitment to excellence in customer service. Assigns, prioritizes and escalates tickets. Regular check-ins with IT leadership concerning high profile issues, ticket statistics and potential issues. Directly addresses IT Help Desk tickets as needed, specifically high profile or level 2/3 issues. Available for regular evening and weekend on campus and remote support. (50%)
- Technician Supervision: Directly supervises student and staff IT Help Desk technicians on the Hamilton campus. Provides day-to-day priorities, schedule and guidance for technicians. Ensures that technicians follow operating policies and procedures while providing a high level of customer service. Supervision includes the hiring and training of technicians. (20%)
- Asset Management: Manages the IT asset lifecycle (receiving, tagging, tracking, storage, and disposal) for Hamilton, Boston and Jacksonville assets including, but not limited to, software, laptops, desktops, phone handsets, and printers. Provides input into budget process. (10%)
- IT Process Improvement: Works to proactively identify and mitigate against potential support issues. Regularly reports issue trends to IT leadership with suggestions for process improvements. Provides input into the creation of policies and procedures, service levels and ticket escalation processes. (10%)
- IT Maintenance Support: Provides support as needed for planned IT upgrade and maintenance projects. Coordinates work with other technical staff including IT Infrastructure and Media Services. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned. (5%)
- Hardware: Ability to install, configure, troubleshoot and upgrade current desktop/laptop computers, phone handsets, and printers as part of a larger network.
- Software: Ability to install, configure, troubleshoot and upgrade current Windows, Apple and Linux desktop operating systems as part of a larger network.
- Asset Management: Ability to manage hardware and software assets including receiving, tagging, tracking, storage and disposal.
- Physical: Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Customer Focus: Possess ability to anticipate end user needs and to identify and remove barriers that hinder providing excellent service. Engage appropriate internal stakeholders as needed to resolve issues outside of individual scope of responsibility.
- Leadership and Delegation: Must be able to lead a team and appropriately delegate tasks as needed. Encourage and direct team members in their individual roles and promote communication and teamwork among the team.
- Decision Making Judgement: Must be able to identify problems and link to underlying issues and symptoms in order to determine best solution. Partner as needed with others on issues requiring escalation or that are outside scope of role.
- Prioritization: Must be able to prioritize assigned tickets/tasks on a daily basis and consistently complete tickets/tasks by due dates or defined service level standards. Ability to foresee possible missed deadlines or service levels and communicate with leadership concerning priorities.
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness: Must be able to communicate in a manner that allows information to flow freely and smoothly in order to perform job responsibilities in a timely fashion. Effective two-way communication with end users at all levels of the organization concerning IT projects and technical support is required. Ability to work collaboratively and serve in a multi-campus, decentralized technology team environment is a must.
Education and Certifications:
- Associate's Degree in a technical field or equivalent training and experience
- Current A+ Certification preferred
- Current ITIL Certification preferred
- 5+ years in Information Technology field supporting industry standard desktop, laptop, printer, and telephony equipment
- 3+ years customer service experience interacting directly with end users on Information Technology support
- Higher education or non-profit experience preferred
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.