See us on the road!
Those entering the D.Min. program will have completed an ATS-accredited M.Div. degree, or its educational equivalent, with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher. They should have at least three years of active ministry experience since earning their degree and be currently involved in ministry. They should be able to demonstrate the use of the various exegetical, theological, and ministry tools to examine the Scriptures and apply them to life.
The admissions process for the D.Min. degree normally requires several weeks. Completed application deadlines are published next to each track on the interactive track schedule. Applications will be considered for action when the following items have been received at our mailing address:
Official application form or an official online application
- Para el solicitud de admisión en espanol, oprima aqui.
- A 2 page autobiography sharing significant people/factors/events that shaped the applicant;
- A 2 page Personal Statement essay, briefly sharing, theological convictions key to the applicant's personal orientation/ministry, vocational objectives, encouragement to pursue this degree, and a personal assessment of strengths and weaknesses;
- Official transcripts sent directly to us from all colleges, seminaries and other institutions of higher education attended;
- 3 completed recommendation forms, one each from a current appropriate denominational official, a current ministry colleague, and a person of the applicant's choosing. Please do not use family or the same reference as used for the endorsement;
- Para el formulario de recomendación en espanol, oprima aqui.
- A letter of endorsement from the applicant's ministry context (church board, judicatory, overseer, etc.) indicating understanding and support of the candidate's intention to pursue doctoral studies. Please, do not use family or the same reference as used for a recommendation;
- The $50 application fee;
- For Marriage and Family Counseling applicants only, additional assessments and the corresponding testing fee are also required. Required assessments are only sent to an applicant's chosen proctor, any adult except family, upon receipt of an application.
You can download this application checksheet!
Applying is the first step to starting well. If accepted, once enrolled there are also preparatory readings and papers to be completed before the first residency. To support applicants in beginning strong, we advise completing the application process 4-6 months before the residency starts.
International students must also plan for the additional time it may take to secure a proper visa.
The maximum time for completing the D.Min. program is six years from the time of your first residency.
If you would like more information regarding admission into our D.Min. program or regarding any of our specialized tracks, please contact us:
|Phone:||978-646-4163 or 1-800-816-1837|
|Info Request:||Online form|
Doctor of Ministry Office
We travel the country seeking to connect with those interested in our studies. In the last six months, our esteemed faculty-mentors, staff, students and alumni have already visited: Alexandria, VA; Jacksonville, FL; and Los Angeles, CA! Here is where you can find us next:
|DATE||LOCATION||EVENT||WHO WILL BE THERE?|
|March 5||Hamilton, MA||Rethinking Worship in Your Church with Page CXVI||D.Min. Team, on-site|
|March 21||Hamilton, MA||The Big Picture of the New Testament with David Palmer||D.Min. Team, on-site|
|March 24||Hamilton, MA||Same-Sex Relationships with Gordon Hugenberger||D.Min. Team, on-site|