Come to the U.S. for Class/Residency
When students arrive to the US, please note the following:
- Speak with a Port of Entry (POE) official; do NOT enter the US through a kiosk.
- Show the POE official your I-20 and F-1 visa when they ask why you are coming to the US.
- It is critical that a student enters the US as a student and not a visitor.
- If the POE official records the entry as a visitor and not a student, then the student will need to work with the DSO to obtain a I-94 correction.
- Notify the DSO for DMIN-OI of your arrival.
- Inform the DSO if you are planning on returning to the US within 5 months for another class with our programs.
- Students can arrive up to 30 days prior to the start of a program and can leave up to 60 days after the end of the program.
- Students receive an emergency phone number to contact in case of issues at the POE in the letter that accompanies their I-20. Please refer to this number in emergencies only.