Thank you for your interest in Gordon-Conwell! We value the service that you or your family member(s) have performed, and we are eager to assist you in your effort to pursue seminary studies.

Where to Start

  • Apply for admission to any of our four campuses: declare yourself as a veteran or dependent if you plan to use VA benefits.
  • Apply for benefits using the VA website.
  • Submit a copy of your COE (Certificate of Eligibility) to your VA School Certifying Official (SCO).


Elizabeth Isaac, Veterans Services Specialist




[email protected]

Know Your Responsibilities

  • Contact your SCO before the start of each term to request enrollment certification.
  • Notify your SCO when adding, dropping, or withdrawing from any courses and if there are any changes to your personal information (mailing address, phone).
  • Register for courses required by your degree program; only these courses can be certified to the VA or paid with Tuition Assistance.
  • Notify the SCO if you encounter personal issues that impede your ability to complete your studies satisfactorily or by the academic deadlines.
  • Understand the impact of credit hours on certification enrollment (Chapter 33): some housing benefits are distributed based on the level of enrollment you choose each semester (number of credits that are certified).
  • Be aware that the same number of months of benefit are used whether you are a full- or part-time student. Check current Student Handbook for status definitions.

Apply for Benefits

Benefits pay for some or all of your educational expenses, which include tuition, fees, and books. Some benefits also provide a monthly housing allowance. Military benefits are available through the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and State Assistance programs.

Begin Your Studies

  • Attend Orientation to receive academic advising, complete tasks required for registration, and meet other students, staff, and faculty.
  • Register online for courses and contact your SCO to request certification for the term.
  • Buy books: purchase books as soon as possible; not all benefits provide a stipend for books and supplies.

Department of Veteran Affairs

Tuition Assistance

Federal and State Tuition Assistance (TA) is a benefit for eligible members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard and Selected Reserve components. Each branch has its own application process, criteria for eligibility, and restrictions. For branch-specific information, see the links below and click on the comparison tool.

“GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Supplement Your Benefits with Financial Aid

Have Questions?

Someone from our friendly admissions team would be happy to reach out to you.

Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, handicap or veteran status. A complete statement of compliance with federal laws and regulations can be found in the Gordon-Conwell Student Handbook.