Scholarships and Grants - Charlotte
The Christopher Brown Scholarship
The Christopher Brown Scholarship Fund is a merit-based scholarship designed to provide financial assistance to Gordon-Conwell students. A $1,600 scholarship is awarded annually ($1,600 to one student or $800 to two students) to first-time or returning students who meet the following criteria:
Are men or women who demonstrate dedication in ministry (Hebrews 12:1) by providing the following in writing:
- Personal testimony
- Previous and current ministry involvement and contribution
- Community connections and involvement
- Current pastor(s) endorsement
- Intended ministry goals
- Are committed to active, full-time ministry during and/or after degree is achieved.
Have demonstrated financial need by:
- Completing the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov or providing copies of most recent W-2/tax information.
- May also demonstrate financial need in writing, in addition to FAFSA or W-2.
- Must have and maintain a 3.0 grade point average in his or her degree program at Gordon-Conwell. (If an applicant has not yet taken any courses at Gordon-Conwell, this requirement does not apply.)
- Are either part-time or full-time students, taking at least 4 – 6 classes during fall, spring, summer.
The deadline for fall applications is April 1. Recipients will be contacted by the school within two weeks of this deadline. Click here to download an application.
The John and Lois Pierce Fellowship
The John and Lois Pierce Fellowship is designed to develop the personal and ministry potential of seminary students. Awarded annually to returning full-time students in a master’s program on the Charlotte campus, the Pierce Fellowship is a $1400 educational grant. Fellowship recipients will receive a $700 grant in the fall semester and a $700 grant in the spring semester upon the registration of their 6th class. The fellowship will be awarded to applicants who have demonstrated experience and ongoing commitment to small group leadership, spiritual formation, and disciple-building training. Fellowship members will be expected to fulfill specific responsibilities in these areas. Available only for returning students who have completed at least two semesters at Gordon-Conwell and plan to take at least 6 course per year. Complete information may be obtained from the Pierce Center website. Click here to download an application and click here to download a recommendation form.
Team Ministry Grant
The Team Ministry Grant is a need-based scholarship available to qualified married couples who are enrolled as full-time degree students. In a semester in which both are enrolled full-time (a minimum of seven credit hours), one student will pay the standard Charlotte rate and the second will receive scholarship assistance to reduce his/her tuition by 50%. Any semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) in which a Team Ministry Grant is awarded, no other seminary administered, need-based tuition assistance will be available.
The award is for one academic year and is subject to availability of funds. This scholarship is renewable, however you must reapply for financial aid each year. Download the Team Ministry Information Form for more details about this scholarship and how to apply.